Phoenix

Anti Leeching

Arnah

21 hours ago, opman said:

can we get a countdown on "leeching seconds left" at the buffs top right hand corner? no rush tho

Technically I can but I would also have to edit a skill image to reflect its for leeching somehow.

Visually displaying the leech timer is something that is currently missing.

If we go the buff route my best idea currently is using the GM Dispel icon as a GM wont personally care it has the incorrect skill name & description while also being a skill icon you wont usually see at the top(Unlike most other GM skills).

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Arnah said:

If we go the buff route my best idea currently is using the GM Dispel icon as a GM wont personally care it has the incorrect skill name & description while also being a skill icon you wont usually see at the top(Like most other GM skills).

dope

Well, Anti leech is the perfect way to let mules stay in the map, means its can save time for rebuff with mules, it's epic so much!

Think about it, you literally make mules become perfect in the map.
Amazing, who needs leech exp.

If someone stay afk on the map you dont need to give a **** about him, because he will not get any exp from you.

Like SOMEONE do it all the time, I think he will quit from the server. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ok Arnah Lets Go!
PepeLaugh by Laden - FrankerFaceZ

• Like 1

Even tho I agree with emperor with making mules better, I think we have to weight pros and cons about it, and its another problems, and thats mules

You can also see it as a pro, they are easier to sac now if you really hate them 🙂

On 1/17/2021 at 2:42 AM, Arnah said:

Players determined afk by this system will not contribute to total member count for Holy Symbol and Party Exp Bonus but will count towards the parties total level which is used for party exp split.

Just to be clear, this means "afk" party members are still considered in party exp distribution, but dont actually receive it.  And it also prevents people from abusing the new system by leaving their HS mule in the same map/allowing them to be considered "afk" in party.  Basically this just explains the implementation for how leech exp will be removed, right?  Or is there more to it?

Edited by Ghost

29 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Just to be clear, this means "afk" party members are still considered in party exp distribution, but dont actually receive it.

Yes. Your party gets hurt if you have someone seen as afk.

43 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Basically this just explains the implementation for how leech exp will be removed, right?  Or is there more to it?

You count towards total level which if you are AFK hurts your party members leech exp.

But you also get ignored when exp is being split amongst the party.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Arnah said:

Yes. Your party gets hurt if you have someone seen as afk.

You count towards total level which if you are AFK hurts your party members leech exp.

But you also get ignored when exp is being split amongst the party.

Gotcha, makes sense now.  I was wondering why active party was being penalized, but I realize now it's pretty much unavoidable because mules.  

Let's kill party play even more lol. Coz obvious there a large active priest player base for people to party with right?

Like party in maple is only worth it most of the time with HS buff because of how shit the party bonus exp and exp split is. I basically stop partying at FOG because unless there is HS or someone killing as fast as me anyone else just drags me down. But ya lets make it so people are even less likely to party up because its just going to be worse for everyone and make everyone solo because that's best exp.

Its actually mind boggling how people think an issue that doesn't exist is an issue. Let me ask what damage has mules actually done? Coz all I see is damage done by penalizing people with mules and seemingly trying to make them all quit so you can remove mules all together.

All I seen is mules actually help promote party play and allowing people to party up together due to the servers low population. Partying up is good if there is HS, if there is no HS lot of people just solo. So having a HS mule brings people together to a party. If an active priest come along they can easily take the mule's spot since having active heal is better unless there some bullshit maplestoy politics going one.

If its a haste/rage/hb mule or whatever if the map is full it doesn't matter if they exist or not. If a map only fit 3 people and you have 3 people plus 2 mules doesn't matter if mules exist or not. A 4th person won't be able to join period. Not to mention mules allow player to party up without worrying about having to get classes for buffs. Say again map is made for 4 people, people want haste/rage so thieves and fighter get picked over other classes actually fucking players who don't play those class over. Instead if you have mule buff you can have 4 people of any class because you got mules to cover the buffs.

I love to see an actual reason that mules are somehow killing this game that you feel the need to slowly kill them aside from a few people bitching about it like its a big deal when its not. Game's low population is due to how tedious and grinding the server is which killing mules just make it even worse. No population to kpq, lpq, opq, which I only manage to get through because of mules helping me and my guidies pad out the party so we could actually lpq and opq without sitting there for days hoping to get people. Lack of parties at grind spots because there not enough priests unless its a mule but sure lets kill that too. Seriously someone enlighten me what damage mules has done to the server that actually make sense.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It's been roughly 2 weeks with anti-leech in the game now and I feel like we've had enough time to play with it and figure out what could further be improved.

Leaving the map breaks your leech timer
At the moment, when you are in a party with someone, if you leave the map by cc'ing, entering cash shop or simply moving to another map, anti-leech will kick in. This shouldn't be the case. In fact, anti-leech shouldn't affect your character if you're in a party, but solo in a map.

As an example, you should be able to have a party of 4, with 2 players in seperate maps/channels without either map/channel affecting each other.
To further elaborate, EXP should only be calculated with players present in the same map, that have passed the anti-leech check. Hypothetically, if you have a party of 6 and only 5/6 players are present in one map, the EXP should only be calculated between those 5 players, assuming they have all passed the anti-leech check. The person who is missing should not be counted, but they should receive full solo EXP, should they be killing mobs solo in another map. 

Clerics & Priests special handling
From what I have heard from Priests, heal EXP is still a little inconsistent in certain maps. It sounds like Priests have a difficult time passing their heal EXP check consistently, because the timer simply runs out too quick. This is specfically at Himes, but I assume there are other maps similar to this.

Every heal that increases the HP of a party member, but not including yourself, will give 3 seconds of leech with a cap of 20 seconds.

Maybe changing this to +5 seconds/heal and a cap of 30 seconds would be sufficient.

Anti-leech message gets printed irregularly during Zakum
I can't wrap my head around this one, but every single time an arm dies, the message is printed in the chat. This is probably also the case for other mobs that have multiple transformations. Not much else I can say about this one.

Besides these small issues, I think anti-leech is doing its job really well.

13 hours ago, Kradia said:

As an example, you should be able to have a party of 4, with 2 players in seperate maps/channels without either map/channel affecting each other.

This is currently how it works. Exp splitting only interacts with players in the current field when checking for who is afk, who to give exp to(total party level, hs), etc

Nothing about leaving map should break antileech. Transitioning(CC, CashShop) will reset your timer for now. I don't care to fix the timer resetting right now but once I do some cleanup that I planned for the server backend I'll quickly put that in as a way to test it.

Some adjustments to heal times does look like it is required.

13 hours ago, Kradia said:

I can't wrap my head around this one, but every single time an arm dies, the message is printed in the cha

I already dmed the issue but its likely because you did a low amount of damage which rounded up to 1% giving 1 second of leech.

• 1 month later...

"but will count towards the parties total level which is used for party exp split"

- hence currently leechable lvl afked party members r lowering overall party exp between active members. (active members exp are still being split with leechable afk member but the member do not receive exp)
- i feel like this penalty of party members within leechable lvl that goes afk (failed anti leech check) turns many players off and lienates numerous oldschool players as the afked player would significantly affect the overall party exp.

I feel the better way for the anti-leech check system is to give back the lost exp (lesser exp per kill) by the active player(s) and split accordingly amongst the active members.

numeric perspective/ assumption (figures are for illustrative purposes only):
* 3 man party
- exp received by each active grinders if all party members are active = 80

* 2 man party
- exp received by each active grinders if all party members are active = 100

* If 1 member afk/ fail anti-leech check in a 3 man party
- exp received by each active grinders if 1 member is afk n anti leeching applied = 60
- 2 active players duo distribution rate should be 80 (as above) but instead is now 60, 20 exp lost to each active player.

(exp: split and hs bonus exp, all inclusive)

After discussing with some players, their main doubt is:
When leechable leveled afk players are in same map and the portion (20 in this case) of exp that the active grinders do not receive, will the 'future exp bonus buff' be sufficient or if not at least replace the exp (20) lost back to the active grinders, assuming an active 3 man party size theoretically supposed to be a 2 man party size now. Considering muling is a thing here, having mules should not be penalized (now getting 60 exp) and affect active players from at least achieving the aforementioned 100 exp or the exp previously before the implementation of the anti leech system.

"Should party member(s) fail anti-leech check, then system's recognition of party size count should only count the active exp produced/ damage dealt by players and 2. split exp and party exp bonuses accordingly with active party member(s) only."

Edited by opman

I think the anti-leeching would be nice if: when a party member AFKs, that EXP is then reverted back to splitting between the other active party members.

I was just partying with my GF and thought she was getting split exp (without the party bonus) since I was getting reduced/split exp... turns out she wasn't getting any, and I was just getting less exp per kill. 😔

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sriracha said:

I think the anti-leeching would be nice if: when a party member AFKs, that EXP is then reverted back to splitting between the other active party members.

I agree with this and I believe that's what most players expected from the anti leech system to begin with. The character which is flagged for AFK simply doesn't count into the EXP distribution.

In addition, mesos leeched is also an option to block. With these small adjustments and the following:

On 4/14/2021 at 10:48 AM, Arnah said:

Transitioning(CC, CashShop) will reset your timer for now. I don't care to fix the timer resetting right now but once I do some cleanup that I planned for the server backend I'll quickly put that in as a way to test it.

I believe we would have a perfectly functioning anti leech system.

• 2 months later...

i've had issues trying to pocket heal a sader compared to a dk that actively gets hit more often, due to this a few times i get flagged afk when i am actively healing. I understand that you bassically have to factor i am moving around and not sitting there like a bot healing. not sure how this could be better implemented, but as a priest healing anything other than a dk is quite complicated.

• Like 1